Wednesday, June 22, 2011

oh come on..............

My oncologist called me and said that they can't continue my treatments (the one they are going to do every three weeks for a year) because the echocardiogram I had on Monday came back showing a "slight' concern.  It seems that one of the aspect of the test, the ejection fracture, dropped 9% since the last time they did an echo.  This tells how efficient your heart can pump.  Mine is just a little low.  They aren't too worried about the number  but the fact that it dropped 9%.  The plan is to give my heart a chance to rest and delay treatment until another echo shows that it has come back up.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.  I asked if it means I should not exercise and they said no.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I won't know if this could/will impact surgery until I meet with the surgeon next Friday but IT BETTER NOT delay the surgery or I will get really pissy!  (although I guess it's important to have your heart healthy before surgery but come on...........)

No comments:

Post a Comment