Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, even when it's driving you crazy!

Ok so I may be thinking and worrying a bit too much........ya think??????

I was worried about the echocardiogram and then I got it in my head that the tumor was changing/growing.  I sort of freaked out so I called Dr. Beekman on Friday and she was able to see and reassure me.

The echo results are ok as far as surgery goes.  The number is low but not in a dangerous way and the only reason she decided to delay the Herceptin treatment was to be extra cautious.

She didn't think the tumor had grown but decided to send me for a mammogram and ultra sound.  I had both of them today and they believe that the tumor has gotten smaller but because in December it was more of a solid mass and today it was more shadowy, it's not easy to measure.  The lymph nodes on the mammogram showed a few small ones but on the ultra sound they found no strange looking lymph nodes.  That's really good.

I meet with my surgeon on Friday to get more information and then I just have to wait until surgery on the 19th and not THINK too much in the meantime.  I can do it, I know I can.

2 comments:

  1. This is good news...and yes, you need to be patient and wait-easy for me to say- meanwhile...listen to the birds, smell the fresh summer air, and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like great news...We all know that you can do it and you will!

    ReplyDelete