Monday, September 12, 2011

Radiation = no losing weight and no swimming....grrrrrr

I JUST got back on track with dieting.  I had lost close to 15 pounds already and last week they told me that I had to stop.  COME ON PEOPLE....I am fat and need to lose all the weight I've gained.

It seems that if I lose weight the tattoos they put on me for radiation may shift and then the radiation won't be accurate.  They took x-rays to be sure everything is ok and I should hear about that soon.

I'm good at losing weight when I try to and I am obviously REALLY good at gaining big time but now I have to maintain.  That's going to be interesting.  It is what it is so I will just wait another month or so to start losing again.

Apparently swimming during radiation isn't a good idea because chlorine is hard on your skin and there is a chance for infections from a public pool.  This one really bothers me because right now swimming is the only exercise that doesn't hurt me.  SO for now, no swimming.

I'm crabby.

Today they are sending me to a lymphedema clinic to make sure everything is ok with my arm.  I think it's fine but I want to lift weights and they will make sure I can and tell me the right things to do.

1 comment:

  1. One more mountain for you to climb over, it's not fair. When the radiation is over, you will continue eagerly and lose lots of weight. Hard to put yourself on hold at this point but you are strong and can do it. You are also going to win this "Crest" contest. Tomorrow I'm going to vote every hour if not more! That's a promise! Hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete