Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving......

........so thankful for so many little things over the past few days........was able to spend time with family and enjoy a delicious meal cooked by my sister yesterday.  I was able to talk to my friend Lynn in Florida, Beverly in Indiana, my Aunt Julie in Lansing, my nephew Tim in Atlanta, my brother Bob, Merri, and Ben in Chelsea, Joan in California and Kris in Arizona (not in person but we texted).  Called Julie in St. Louis but will have to catch up with her this weekend.  A really nice surprise was a phone call from Mr. Stanley (I can call him Don but...) who hired me as a teacher in 1976.  A man who helped me so much over the years and I loved catching up with him.  I saw my cousin Rob, Val, and Chloe and Jack on Wednesday for a short time.  I received texts from other friends and neighbors too.  I am so thankful for the people in my life.

I'm feeling good right now except for the achy joints but I'm learning to deal with it as good as I can since it will be around for a while.  Lots of doctor's appointments coming up in preparation for the next surgery on December 8th.

Enjoying the sunny day today.  Wish I had some money to shop with (not that you'd find me out with all the crowds today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment