Wednesday, November 30, 2011

things go south.........boobs too!

I love watching birds all year long but especially in the spring when they return to Michigan and in the fall when they seem to be so excited to go south to be warm.  Thinking of birds going south reminds me of boobs......I love writing about things like this because my brother reads my blog (even tho he says it's stupid) and I know that when I talk about boobs he gets grossed out.  More motivation huh???

The boobs of a 57 year old woman definately go south.  Mine were droopy and not too pretty pre-cancer.  Maybe that's one of the reasons I wasn't too devastated to lose them.  The tissue expanders have been in since July and are ok for the most part but the right one has given me grief the most (not the boob with cancer tho, that one is just fine).  The tissue expander has dropped and shifted to the side. It's NOT a pretty sight.  It did it a month or so ago and eventually went back into place.  This time it's apparently comfortable down south and isn't going to go back where it belongs.  Stupid thing!!!!!!!  It's hard to wear a bra when you have one boob out front and one down and out to the side.

Picture that.........thought that would make you smile today.

Surgery is next Thursday.  Sounds like it's a much easier surgery this time and I should be able to come home the same day if it all works out.  Recovery is slow and there are lots of restrictions for a while but that's ok.  It's will be done and then my life will be mine once again for the most part.

The mental part is still tricky.  I want a test that will definitively say I have no cancer in any part of my body.  There is no such thing.  I have to accept that.  Hard, very hard.

Working on it!

2 comments:

  1. When you get that diagnosis, or hell even before, come dance with the 5th graders at lunch one Friday. Every time we put on the Friday music and hear either the Bon Jovi or that damn country song (sorry I can't think of the name of it right now) where you always had the kids get up and dance, I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So nice to know I'm remembered......even if it is for being a dork! Love it! Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete