Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here comes 2012!


Not too long ago a friend told me that 2012 would be my year.  While I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions (because I have NEVER, EVER stuck to them), I’ve decided to think of twelve reasons why 2012 will be my year to get healthy.

1.    I know how much better I felt when I was in the 100’s.  It’s time to get there again.  It sucks that I have to do it again but I WILL do it.

2.     I’ve been thinking of and worrying about cancer for 12 months.  Thinking about something else sounds really good about now.

3.     I’m alive.  Wouldn’t it be a shame to live out the rest of my life fat, unhealthy, achy and not able to move well?  I can’t settle for that.  I’m tougher than that.

4.     If I supposedly beat cancer I can certainly lose 100+ pounds.  Then I get my tummy tuck!  Oh boy!

5.     Despite everything, the last year went fairly fast.  12 months of losing weight shouldn’t be too bad.  It’s “just” a year!

6.     I think 2012 will be the year I learn to cook.  In everything I have read, it’s so much better for you.  I absolutely HATE to cook but I will work on it.

7.     I’m going to do 365 days straight of getting my butt up and moving.  Exercise daily makes me feel good!  It did before and will again.

8.     I need to find other things to focus on.  Giving back, helping others, keeping busy will help me take the focus OFF of food and ON to life.

9.     I am going to try not to think I have to always be in control.  I need to do better at asking for help, taking advice, and learning.

10. I’m going to track my food, check in every single day and play by the rules.  I know it works and I have to believe that if I do it I will lose the weight I want to lose.

11. By this time next year I will have 365 days of momentum going.  I like that idea.

12. No matter what obstacles I face in 2012, I won’t give up.  I will take it one day at a time and get the job done.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment