Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A GREAT Weekend! (one more thing to be grateful for)

Spent a long weekend with my family, cousins, and their kids up at cousin Rob and Val's lovely home on Lake Leelanau.  There were 18 of us together for the first time in a very long time.  My Aunt Jan was my mom's sister and my very favorite aunt growing up.  She passed away from pancreatic cancer at the age of 56 and I miss her so very much.  Her kids......Rob, Tim, and Kris have grown up into wonderful adults and have special families of their own.  Aunt Jan would be so proud of them all!!!  Spending time with all them (and my sister and brother) made for a  wonderful weekend.  We talked, laughed, looked at old family pictures......really great.

The kids ranged in age from 4 to 19 and I enjoyed getting to know them again too.  They are funny, smart, each has their own personality, and they are all so well behaved....another reason why Aunt Jan would be so proud.

Waiting for surgery is a pain but having this time together helped me tremendously to "forget" and appreciate the gift of family.  Memories of this weekend will be with me always.

1 comment:

  1. What fun!! I am so glad you had a nice weekend. Family is so important!

    ReplyDelete