Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hello there!

Yes I am alive and kicking...well not really kicking but I am doing remarkably better each and every day.  Sleep much of the time, love pain meds.  I am able to stand by myself.  Working on pulling up my own pants (no smart comments).  Connie and Lynn  are wonderful nurses.  Emptying my drains.....apparently I'm a "bit" squeamish because I can't do it or watch without feeling like I'll pass out.  Lynn even took a shower with me yesterday (again, no smart comments) and washed my incisions.

Have doctors appointments Monday and Tuesday but maybe later in the week visitors would be nice.  Will  let you know.

Got great news about the pathology report.  With the amount of cancer found in the breast and lymph nodes, they are saying that I am cancer free.  That is about the best news ever!!!

9 comments:

  1. It's great to hear from you. And your news is wonderful. Sounds like you have two of the best nurses in the world. Please tell them thank you from me for taking such good care of you. Keep healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    We are thrilled with your news and the fact that you are moving forward in your recovery.
    Sleep as much as your body tells you, rest is nourishment.
    We're still praying.

    Kathy & Bob E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOT TAMALIES AND MILK DUDS!!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!! Been thinking of you often and soooo glad to hear you are cancer FREE!!!!!!
    See you soon,
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door!!!! We are so grateful to hear the news! Connie and Lynn thank you for all you have done. You are amazing people!

    Love,
    Mary, William, Will and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is the best news ever!! So glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cancer free:) Let your nurses continue to take such great care of you! I will come visit after we get home from vacation.
    XOXO
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news! I am looking forward to visiting. Everyday is one step closer to perfect health!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great news! I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will keep doing so!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't forgotten about your peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses! We are leaving Friday on vacation but I will bake them and bring them by when I get back. Unless you want me to bake them and drop them by in the morning to share with your nurse.

    ReplyDelete