Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another contest!

It seems very strange to not be returning to work in Milan for the first time in 35 years. As my friends go back to school tomorrow I will be starting daily radiation for the next five and a half weeks. By the end of 2011 I hope that this journey will be over and I will have time to do other things in my retirement!

Those of you who know me well know that I love entering contests. That, in addition to having lots of free time on my hands right now, should tell you that I've entered another contest. It's called the Life Opens Up Project and the purpose of the contest is to tell how your mouth and your voice have helped you open up to the world and also how you would use $25,000 to improve the world around you. 

I chose to tell my cancer story and how I'd use the money to give back to others. Below is the link to my video. I apologize in advance for the quality of the video. I had a great deal of trouble getting it to work and downloaded to the site and the video isn't the greatest but the story is really close to my heart.

http://lifeopensupproject.com/player.php?q=88

Part of the scoring process (10%) is based on public voting and so I am asking once again for your help. The good news is that I believe you can only vote once so I won't be begging for daily votes. If you click on the link and vote you are done unless you want to share on your Facebook page or pass the link along to friends, family, relatives or co-workers. 

I have appreciated your support and kindness throughout his journey and hope that one day soon I can support others in the same way. 

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment