Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two steps forward, one step back......damn!

Went for the radiation simulation today (where they figure out exactly where the beam will radiate...seems complicated.....a math lesson I probably didn't understand) and because my left arm where they removed lymph nodes isn't moving very far yet it just wouldn't work.  I couldn't get it in the position they needed it to be in and stay in for 45 minutes today without a great deal of pain.  Despite the fact that I tried to fake it and pretend I could do it, they saw that I couldn't do it.

It frustrates me to not be able to proceed but I understand how incredibly important it is that they are able to get the exact location they need to radiate.  Everything is put on hold until the 22nd and hopefully by then I will be able to move it or I will have to go to physical therapy.

So now I will be working hard to be ready, work through the pain, and be determined I can get where I need to be.  Piece of cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment