Tuesday, August 2, 2011

STUPID Drains!

Two weeks since surgery.  MOST people get the drains out by the second week.  NOT ME..........they still are draining big time, in fact they are going up instead of down.  Now I am not crabby about it or anything (ya, right) but I want these stupid, stupid, stupid things out.  Until the fluid collected is under 30cc in a 24 hour period, they stay in.  One is over 70 and the other over 50.  I think that the doctor thought it was humorous because they really should be out by now but I told him that I didn't like him too much.  Not really, he is a really nice guy and he likes my new temporary boobs.

The stitches came out today though and with the exception of a few areas that hurt like the devil, it wasn't too bad.  He said that if the fluid went down by Friday they could take them out for the weekend.  That would be nice.

Was supposed to meet with the radiologist on Thursday to start getting ready for radiation but they can't do anything because of the drains so everything will be delayed a little.  Oh well, patience right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are improving. I hope you get to have the drains taken out on Friday!

    Keep being patient - easier said than done, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, so great to hear the news that you are Cancer Free!!!! Two great words aren't they?
    I am continuing to pray for your recovery.
    Hang in there, before you know it you be up and running.
    Karen Phillips

    ReplyDelete