Thursday, March 10, 2011

Met with a different surgeon today

I think I am going to like her.  She does a lot more breast surgery and spent a good deal of time answering questions and helping me understand things.  I feel MUCH better about her than the first surgeon we met with so..........here's a tentative plan for "after chemo."

My last chemo treatment is scheduled for Monday, June 13th (OH  HELL  YES  I  AM  LOOKING  FORWARD  TO  THAT  DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I will have to let me body recover for a month which means that surgery at the earliest will be July 13th (which is Connie's birthday and she said I cannot do it on that day) so sometime after the middle of July will be surgery.

I will be in the hospital anywhere from 2-? days depending on what they decide to do.

Recovery from surgery and healing will take 8 weeks (seriously, that seems like a really long time) which puts it mid to late September.

Radiation will start mid to late September and last for seven weeks sooooooooo.......

.....that means the earliest this crap will be done is mid November.........stupid cancer!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am at least glad that I have more information and that I have a rough idea of what will be happening.  I also already have an appointment with a plastic surgeon later this month.  That'll be fun picking out new boobs huh?

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you have a plan with more details and what seems like a conclusion of some kind. That must feel really good. I will continue to pray for good and positive news. Thinking of you most every day.

    ReplyDelete