Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time for a break....YES!!!

Made it through the last of what I "believe" will be my yucky weeks.  It was the roughest yet.  The fatigue hit hard.  It's really hard to describe the feeling I had....like I just couldn't move.  It's just so incredibly strange.  I even took naps this week and I NEVER do that.  Didn't really help much but had to try.

The mental part got to me again this week.  There are so many stories, commercials, and information about cancer on TV.  So many stories about people losing their battle with cancer.  I just got scared again.  Really scared.  I think the fact that the tumor isn't responding to the chemo yet makes me question everything once again.  I am trying to believe, I am trying to have faith, but it is so incredibly hard.

The best news I have is that I am getting away for a few days.  I have until the 28th until the weekly treatments start and once that happens I will be tied down for three months so this is the PERFECT time to escape.  I found really cheap flights to Florida and will be leaving for a few days to stay with Lynn at her place in Florida.  She has a pool, I have my sunscreen, the temps will be in the 80's........don't think it can get much better than that!!!

Not sure I will post anything (unless it's a lovely picture by her pool to make you all jealous....sorry, I know that's hateful but they said I can be a bitch, remember!)  Seriously, maybe a sunny picture will make you feel better about all of the rain and sleet you are going to have this week.  Sorry about that!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in Florida. You deserve to relax and just be for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time in Florida! Kick back and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy!! You deserve it. I hope you have wonderful weather and relaxing times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...honey...I hate that you are ever scared. I cannot imagine how scary this can be for you & anyone fighting this battle. I just wish you felt the hope I feel everyday when I think of your battle. I just KNOW you are going to beat this. I never have a doubt or get scared when it comes to your cancer. I am just so positive you are going to be fine. If you ever need anyone to tell you that you are going to win this battle, you call me. We will yell at your cancer & beat it down. That tumor will go away and in several months from now you will walk around as a cancer survivor. I am so proud of you. You have been such a miracle in so many lives, mine included. Keep fighting, you are doing GREAT!
    Love ya!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete