Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kids Who Make A Difference!

We all too often hear about all of the bad things going on in the world and especially of the negative things kids do.  We have LOTS of great kids in Milan and here's something special about one of them!!!


It's a picture of Lia Iverson, a fourth grader from Symons, who has been in my after school health and fitness program for the past two years and decided to have her hair cut off and donate it to "Locks of Love" in my honor.  She's a really special young lady and comes from a great family.  


Here's a great picture Lia's dad took of us today with her hair!  I am deeply touched and honored by Lia's incredible gift.  It's something I will never forget.  


Thanks Lia!  I love that you care about others.  You are a special young lady and I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel that the kid that is going to get my donation is going to feel better about themselves. I know I did the right thing. I love you too.

    Lia A. Iverson

    ReplyDelete