Thursday, December 30, 2010

Post BB

Ok, good news is that it's all done, wasn't bad at all....I even watched the whole thing on theultra sound machine....incredible!!!  The bad news is that Connie's ankle IS broken, poor thing.  I told her that I think that she's just jealous because I am getting all the attention right now!  Not really, she is home and resting and I get to take care of her.  She said no, not sure why but she doesn't want me to hover over her.  : )  To bad, I am going to anyways!

They did three biopsies.  They numbed things so it didn't hurt hardly at all.  The doctor and three ladies were so nice there, explaining what they were doing, answering question and just plain being kind.  The big mass they stuck some tubie thing in (how do you like my medical terminology???) and then stuck a needle in and had a little gun like thing that shot into the mass and took a plug out.  Thy did this five times.  Then they did a different procedure with the lymph node.  There they just stuck a needle in and sucked out some cells.  They did this twice.  They also found a third mass (don't think this is cancer but they wanted to check) and they sucked out some cells from this one too.  I didn't look at the boob while they were doing this....I am not stupid, but I did watch the ultra sound machine and could see the needles going into my boob.  I did ask after it was all done to see the needles and the stuff they took out of me.  The needles were soooooooo long, glad I didn't see them before.

They seem to be pretty sure that the mass is cancer but will know early next week what kind, severity, and what stage.  They believe it is fairly aggressive since it came on so fast but that doesn't mean they can't do something.  I meet with the surgeon on Tuesday at 2:40 to come up with a plan.  I have the option of waiting till then to find out the results or can call them Monday to find out.  I am still thinking about that.  I am leaning towards knowing what it is Monday, having time to process things and write down questions before meeting with the surgeon.  Have time to think.

I pick up Lynn at the airport this afternoon.  I plan to enjoy my weekend and have a great New Year's.  Please feel free to post comments, questions........I'm not ready for stories and advice yet but will let you know as I know more and am able to grasp what I am up against.  In the meantime, I feel so much better because we are one step closer to knowing the facts.

13 comments:

  1. No stories ... No advice ... Just want to say that you're loved. And you're an inspiration for how you're taking this head-on, fears and all. Prayers continue. Blog is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have today's Dr. apt behind you:) Enjoy your weekend with friends. We'll see you on Tuesday!! BTW - I love the blog idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! You made it through the BB and were SO brave. I will continue to think and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were in my prayers all morning and will continue to be. I love the blog!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy is strong! You have to know that about yourself - right?!?! Love and good vibes are headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my prayers! When I first read your email tears ran down my face as I had so many flashbacks on how important you've been in my life! I have so many fond memories beginning as a volunteer until the actual date you hired me and the inspiration you have been to me. I am where I am now from all your encouragement and support! My grandchildren adore you! You have made a wonderful impact on their lives. GOD still has great plans for you! Maybe you are meant to be a witness to the doctors or nurses. I am here for anything you need. I love the blog idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love you - you are an inspiration to so many. I love the blog - it is a great way to get out your feelings and keep all of us up to date.
    You are in my prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comments, support, and love overwhelm me. I am so incredibly blessed and grateful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your attitude is amazing. Positive thinking is so important! We are sending positive thoughts your way and will keep you in our prayers daily! Bryan already told you about the candle:) Stay strong! We know there is a silver lining in all of this. So glad you have an awesome BBF in Lynn and many friends in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you Nancy - I am thinking about you and praying for your strength and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris and I are sending you many prayers and positive thoughts because we know that you are a fighter and take nothing less then winning a challenge. Here is your challenge and one that you will beat for those who have tried and will be watching you from above to win the fight for them.
    Love you~
    Chris & Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Nancy,
    I remember all those feelings all too well as I went through the dianosis of cancer myself last year. "Why me?" "But I have two young girls this can't be happening to me". Like you I realized the Lord had a plan in all of this, even though I did not know what that plan was.
    He does have a plan in all of this even though you don't understand what that plan is right now. He knows! Just trust in him that he will see you through this.
    There are two verse that I look at over and over so many times.
    The first one is Proverbs 3:5-6(NLT) Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.
    The second is Jeremiah 29:11(NLT) "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
    I am praying for you Nancy!! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
    May God Bless you! Keep the faith!
    Karen Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know how much you hate needles. You did great. Keep thinking good thoughts of a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete