Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Waiting Game

I was supposed to wait two weeks for the biopsies (the holidays and the fact that they are so booked) but after meeting with my family doctor on Thursday the 23rd, I was determined to get in sooner.

News from my doctor.....I asked lots of questions and wanted honesty.  He said it's really bad.  There are four things going on that make it bad...... 1. The size of the mass.  It's big.  2. The speed at which it came up.  3.  They feel that lymph nodes are also involved which means it could be in other places. 4.  The skin on my breast is also involved.  STUPID CANCER!

Called the hospital on Monday, told them I was scared, worried, thinking my body is changing every day, and really didn't want to wait two weeks.  The problem is that they will be doing two biopsies, one of the mass and one of the lymph nodes which requires two appointments ad more time.......have I told you yet that I am terrified of needles??????

My plea must have worked because later in the day they called me and were able to switch the appointment.  I will have the biopsies this Thursday morning, December 30th, and the meeting with the surgeon (if all the reports are completed) will be next Tuesday afternoon, January 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment