Tuesday, December 28, 2010

shit, shit, shit

Sorry but that's where this story begins.  I walked out of the mammogram and ultra sound appointment on Wednesday, December 22nd after hearing the news that they believe that I have breast cancer.  I was in shock, not prepared to hear this, didn't think they could look at a picture and "know" but I guess they can.

The story really begins a week earlier.  On Tuesday, December 14th my left shoulder and boob (sorry, the word will appear lots of times so get over it) hurt.  I had a personal training session the day before and I thought that I had pulled something or worked too hard.  It wasn't a "bad" feeling because I work out really hard and its not unusual to be a bit sore.  I let it go but when I woke up Wednesday morning while showering I felt what seemed to be a golf ball sized lump on my left boob......scared the beegejesus out of me.  I decided that I should call and see if I could get a mammogram because it was a litle over a year since my last one.  I know, I know!

I called St. Joe's and they said that the didn't have an opening for several weeks (THIS is a problem and one that I think we need to work on!!!) I called my family doctor and went in Thursday.  She was concerned enough that she got me an appointment for Wednesday, December 22nd which meant waiting six days to get in.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not too patient, like to be in control and know what's going on.  Oh my, this is REALLY going to test my patience.....a lesson from God?  Perhaps but we will talk about God later.

Ok so Wednesday I went in not thinking they'd do anything but the two tests and BOOM, they dropped the "C" word on me.  I was scared, shaking, confused, all at the same time.  I listened to what the guy said and was so confused.

TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment