Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Garden

I am the most NON green thumb person I know.  I have one house plant that I am doing a good job of killing as I write this.  Now why would a person who has no natural talent for growing things decide to have a vegetable garden this summer????

I usually go away for much of the summer but because of the upcoming medical crap, I can't go away this summer.  I decided that I need something to occupy my mind and occupy my time.  Along with some of my neighbors, we have put together some raised beds and started gardens.


I've spent several evenings getting the beds ready and getting the plants planted.  I can barely move my body tonight but the garden is looking very nice if I d say so myself!!!  Here's a few pictures taken from the inside (since the weather seems to be not cooperating too well).  I will post some better ones when it stops raining.

I will have tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, zucchini, summer squash, onions, a raspberry bush, and some strawberries.

Even though I have never done something like this before, I am REALLY excited.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, that is quite a garden for your first one!!! You will enjoy it, especially when everything starts coming in!! Have fun gardening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garden! I have always wanted to try a raised bed. You will have yummy veggies all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Nancy, Nancy, very fancy
    How does your garden grow?"

    OK, so I might have taken some editorial liberty with Mother Goose's rhyme, but I am mightily impressed with what looks like a swell garden. Remember your friends when your house is overflowing with tomatoes and zucchini later this summer!

    ReplyDelete