Saturday, February 26, 2011

Almost a week has flown by

No excuse for not posting this week.  Not much going on except for snow.  Don't get me wrong, I love snow....but even I have had enough for this year.  Chloe does too.....she's having trouble with the snow "mountains" in our neighborhood.  Hard to do your thing if you get my drift.  Ha!

I am looking forward to Monday and treatment #3.  Strange to say I am excited huh but it means only one more left of this round after Monday.  The next three month weekly round isn't supposed to make you feel yucky (more fatigue than anything) so I look forward to that.  Not looking forward to weekly treatments however.

One good thing is that they were able to get blood on Friday out of my port for the first time without a big production.  I had a different nurse who had me start taking very deep breaths while she was getting set up....in through my nose, out through my mouth as deeply as I could.  I kept doing it the whole time and it worked.

Besides being tired, the only issue I continue to have is being able to sleep.  I can't seem to turn off my brain long enough to get to sleep and I wake up regularly throughout the night.  Dr. Beekman is working with me to figure something out but so far nothing seems to be working.  Right now it's not a huge issue because I feel pretty good but when treatments go to weekly and the major side effect is fatigue, it's going to get harder.  Oh well, at least I'm not throwing up.

Trying to get motivated to go to the gym.  No excuse but I just want to stay snuggled with Chloe and not  move.  THAT'S not going to help me lose weight though.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment