Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Down, Fourteen To Go!!!

Treatment #2 went well.  Hard to concentrate but things went well.  Had to draw blood for the Genetic Testing and once again, they had trouble getting it to come out.  Connie enjoyed watching me raise my right arm, look to the left, and cough non-stop.......isn't your chemo buddy supposed to be NICE????

Day started really rough.  Was at the gym and ran my hand through my hair and came away with a bunch of hair.  Took a shower and lots more fell out....sooooooo thin and I started crying.  I knew it was coming but still was not ready for it.  I decided that I want to control it (go figure) so I am having it shaved off tonight.  I think that clumps falling out and bald spots would be even harder to take so it's going all at once.  Having a few friends over to document the "event" and will post once I get used to it.  Going to wear a wig to school tomorrow.  We'll see.  Little nervous.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had a tough day! Don't be nervous about tomorrow. I bet it will be a LOT easier than you think. Plus know that you are never walking down this road alone. There are so many people ready and willing to hold your hand through the tough times.

    Sorry I have sucked lately when it comes to either writing or speaking to you daily. You deserve better, so I will be better. Please know that when I don't get a chance to write/speak to you I am...
    thinking of you
    praying for you
    jamming to our Pink song
    and planning your REMISSION Party!

    Hope your basket today was awesome. I heard it was going to be full.
    Love you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know other people who did exactly what you are doing- shaving off their hair, or getting a buzz cut before it starts really falling out- it is a proactive, good thing to do. You still have control over when some things happen. Stephanie is right...don't be nervous about tomorrow- know that those kids love you, no matter what you look like on the outside... they know how much you care about them on the inside and that's what counts.
    Thinking about you and sending you some good energy.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Middle School Staff put together a Chemo day basket for me. I am utterly overwhelmed with people who care. It's WAY too much. Kids were fine today. I taught gym in the morning and told the classes I saw. One little girl didn't believe me till I showed her my scalp. Told them someday I'd show them the bald head....not quite ready for that today tho!

    ReplyDelete