Thursday, February 17, 2011

Message from a student.............kids are incredible!

I received this message last night from a parent (Melissa Buie) who has a daughter at Symons and she is in my after school program.  I talked with the kids in the group about my hair loss and shared how I felt.  This is the conversation between Melissa and her daughter............incredible!!!

"Amanda talked to me tonight about you losing your hair.  She was sad about it and asked if you'd be ok and if it hurt you to lose it.  I told her you were going to be just fine because there are so many people who love you and say prayers for you.  I told her it made you sad but it didn't hurt you physically.  She thought about it a minute then asked if she could grow her hair out again and donate it to Locks of Love to make you a wig.  She donated her hair about a year ago and was so proud to be helping someone else with her donation.  I told her she could absolutely grow her hair out and donate it again and in the meantime, she could keep saying prayers that you will be ok.  She told me she would and even if you talk quietly, God can hear your whispers.  So, when you're feeling sad, just remember there is a little girl out there waiting to give you her hair and whispering her prayers that you will be just fine.  Have a peaceful night Nancy.  Love, Melissa and Amanda."

Life doesn't get much better that this!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I just love 'God can hear your whispers'. What a wonderful little girl. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly strong role model you are being for these girls. They see you being open and honest about what you are going through, and I'll make a bet that if they have to face something difficult in the future, they will be stronger and more courageous, no matter what the challenge is. I do so admire your fortitude.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless! What a special message from a special child!

    ReplyDelete