Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chemotherapy side effects.....Chemobrain....SERIOUSLY????

Ok, so I had to read the book they gave me to read about what to expect with chemotherapy (kind of one of those "What To Expect When You're Expecting" types of books).  Since I can't seem to sleep right now (one of the potential side effects) I decided to read it in the middle of the night.

The good news is that I have had most of the symptoms this week........fatigue, diarrhea, insomnia, pain, hair loss (I found one in the sink) and since I have survived all of these this week it MUST mean that chemotherapy won't be too bad right?

That being said, the one that intrigues me the most is chemobrain.  It says you may suffer from memory loss, forget names, walk into a room and forget what you went in there for, often feel confused, lose things.... now I don't know about you but apparently I have had chemobrain for many years and THAT'S not a good sign especially when they give you a list of things to do to lessen the effects and I do 9 out of 10 of them already.

I am warning you all now that if I forget your name, make lots of typos in my posts, and appear confused, it's not my fault......it's CHEMOBRAIN!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! You find the humor in everything! I think laughing is great and you will need to do this from time to time. I also want you to know that crying, screaming, swearing is also great; and you need to do these as well. No one would fault you for being...um....HUMAN! If you ever need anyone to scream at, swear at, be mad at, cry with, pray with, laugh with, SING with, or dance with....call...Connie! Hahahaha....just kidding! CALL ON ME! I WILL BE THERE & I mean it!
    Love you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete