Friday, January 28, 2011

One down, 15 more to go...

Here's a "Day 1" picture.  Will take another on the last day.  I am home....... a bit tired and sore....... but just fine.

Apparently the steroids and all the anti-nausea meds will keep me fine for the weekend.  Sounds like Monday and  Tuesday will be the days things crash.  It's ok, "I'm Going To Live!"

Feel weird tonight.  On one hand I am relieved that things are now underway.  On the other hand I realize that there is no turning back now and five months is a long time.  One day at a time right?

I am so hopeful that the treatments will shrink this stupid tumor.  The MRI results came back in and show that the tumor has doubled in size in the last month.  I want it to go away!

Connie was wonderful today (except for when they talked about anal itch....she was naughty then!!!) as were all of the great surprises in the basket from the Symons staff.  If it weren't for the nurse who thought she needed to talk all day, I would have had more time to play.

I am so incredibly blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know how you are...you've been on my mind all day. Hopefully now that this first, "scary-not-knowing-how-you'd-feel-day" is over, you can get into a rhythm-the rhythm of beating this "thing". With every treatment that tumor will get smaller and smaller. Just keep visualizing that. So will I.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I am not touching the "itch" issue, but I did text Connie back when I finally noticed her message after school! I have so many comments for that one, that it is probably best that I leave it alone!

    I agree with Sue, continue to visualize that piece of crap getting smaller! It will get smaller, and YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE!

    I thought about you a good part of today & I am so thankful you have such a wonderful sister/family that love and want to care for you. Don't think about your chemo treatments in terms of months, just simply count them down. 15 more to go. It is going to be a crappy few months, but in the end 5 months is nothing in terms of a lifetime! You will get through this. I cannot imagine how tough it will be at times, but lean on those that love you. I know how private and independent you are, but let people help you! That is why God put them in your life, so that you may love them and they may love you!
    Love you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I am so glad to know that you are finally able to do battle with the cancer and beat it down!! It must be such a relief to you. Take care and God bless you and give you strength to get through each day and moment of this.

    Keep looking forward!!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting how your day went. I have been thinking about you and hoping you were okay. I can't even imagine what all is going through your mind... So glad you are enjoying your basket. I am here for you if you need anything. I can be at your place in less than a minute! Love you!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are going to make it, will keep ya in my prayers. Brian (Mama)

    ReplyDelete