Monday, January 17, 2011

Marathon Cooking Day

I think that I have it in my head that once chemo starts I won't be doing anything for five months.  Logically I know that's not the case but regardless, because I don't KNOW what to expect, I am spending my free time planning ahead.....makes me feel better....something I can control.  Today I cooked and cooked, and cooked..... now have over 40 meals frozen and ready for whenever I don't want to cool.  For those of you who know me well, you know how I hate to cool but doing it this way means I don't have to worry about it for a while.  LOVE IT!!!


All my tests, except for the genetic testing, are scheduled for this week so I will be putting lots of miles on my car this week and for the next seven or eight months.   Unfortunately chemo won't start until Friday the 28th so it's another waiting game for almost two weeks.

Connie and I went and ordered a wig today.  Should be in soon.  Hope it grows on me.  Don't like the idea though.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry..........cook, not cool......what happened to proofreading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuummmyyy! Nice job with the "cooling". Hehehe! Glad you had fun prepping today. You are so ready to kick some cancer butt! Control what you can and remember that God is always in control, so turn to him whenever you need to. He will listen!
    Love you!
    Steph Moore

    ReplyDelete