Friday, January 21, 2011

I'M GOING TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have breast cancer, I am going to go through many months of crap but today that doesn't matter.  Today is a WONDERFUL day.  Today I found out that the tests came back and they have no reason to believe that there is cancer anywhere else in my body except in the lymph nodes and breast.  I asked her to tell me if  I was going to live and she said "absolutely" and she is planning on curing this cancer.

I can't begin to tell you the relief that I am feeling right now.  To know it's not stage four, to know she believes it can be cured, to know I am going to live.........I am so grateful, so thankful, and so very blessed.

I will be taking time off from the blog.  Need some time to think of something else and nothing happens until next Friday morning at 7:00am when they put the port in (she said I should get good drugs that will make me loopy so I won't know what they are doing......good because it freaks me out), I meet with her at 10:30 to double check the blood tests and go over the MRI and echocardiogram results, and then chemo at 1:00.  Sounds like it will be an exhausting day but I will post something so you know everything went well.  In the meantime, have a great weekend.  I know I will!

5 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you!!!!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you all the way- been thinking of you all day- great news-do you need a ride next Friday?? You know I am not a a morning person but I would get up and be on time for you in a nano second-- please let me know.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This means all of the prayers aimed your way are working! Now we must continue on to pray for remission and strength through chemo! It is going to SUCK, but YOU CAN DO IT! Please let your friends and family help you during this time. Love you! SO FREAKIN HAPPY TONIGHT!
    Steph Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, my wonderful sister is going with me. I am so appreciative of her. She comes to every appointment with me, stays late at work to make up for it, all that with a broken ankle and a bad hip. How's that for sisterly love. Besides that, she doesn't put up with my whining and I think I will need that on Friday. Thanks though. Once I know what to expect and am comfortable (that's a joke right) I will let you and others know. Right now I need my sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Nancy, I'm thrilled for you!
    When you said you were going to her office in Chelsea it sounds like you might be seeing Dr. Chottiner. If so, I know her to be THE most wondeful oncologist. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete