Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two more things to check off.....

Had a CT scan and a bone scan today.  Other than sitting there for four+ hours it was no big deal.  During the CT scan they injected something that made you feel warm all over and the girl said it would make me think I had to go to the bathroom.  I felt like telling her that I am 56 years old, I feel like I have to pee all the time!  For the bone scan I had to drink this stuff that gave me diarrhea (more info that you probably needed right???)  Maybe it'll make me lose a little weight.....see, I am looking for the positives in everything!!!

I meet with Dr. Beekman in the morning to get the test results so far.......extra prayers tonight that nothing is found elsewhere.  Tomorrow an MRI and an echocardiogram and then I am supposed to be done until chemo day - next Friday, January 28th.  Hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Sending extra prayers your way tonight. Hang in there.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God,
    There is an angel here on earth that needs your help! Let me tell you a little about her so you will know just how much love to send her. For several decades this beautiful woman has given her life and love to small children. She has fostered their dreams, shared her wisdom, built their self~esteem, and loved them selflessly. During this time she also became a fearless leader for others. Lastly, she is a kind, caring, and loving person who would do anything for a friend or loved one.
    Right now she is in need of your endless love and strength. She is in for the fight of her life. Please guide her through this by blessing her with patience, strength, the love of others, and total remission.
    This is my prayer for you my friend! I pray for good news! I am always here for you! Love you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, my family thinks that you are drunk when you write these things. Ha! Now you are calling me an angel????? They are going to love this one!

    Seriously, your words (and the comments of others) are so kind and humbling. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life.

    Leaving for the hospital in a while. Very scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even remember writing this! Man, I must have really hit the sauce that night...woo-hoo! LOL...just kidding! I was absolutely sober and simply praying out loud for a friend that means a great deal to me! Love you!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete